Let's Get Moving!
Let's Get Moving is fun way to shake it out with a dance and a little drum beat! Use a combination of Motion Blocks, Control Blocks, and Zubi Flyer Blocks to trigger a series of moves that will have dancing around in no time!
1) Select a backdrop from the library!
2) Select a new Sprite!
- (Psst… You could also have Zubi as your sprite if you download Fuze Play pictures HERE!)
3) Drag a MOTION 'move' block into the Scratch Scripts area
4) Add the SOUND block 'play drum' into the Scratch Scripts area
5) Now add Zubi Flyer’s LED Scratch Blocks into the mix! Select MORE BLOCKS and drag a SET ALL LEDS TO block into the script.
6) Next, start a dance!
- Add another MOTION 'move' block. Click inside the block and type in a minus sign.
- Add another SOUND 'play drum' block, then choose a drum from the pull-down menu.
7) Add another Zubi Flyer Scratch Block from MORE BLOCKS - 'set all leds to'. Click the block to change the color!
8) Drag out a 'repeat' block and drop it on top of the stack. (You want the “mouth” of the repeat to wrap around the other blocks)
9) Next, say something! Click LOOKS and drag out a 'say' block. Snap it to the bottom of the stack.
- Type in the block to change the words.
10) Now add a way to start! Go back to MORE BLOCKS, and add 'when (triangle button) is (pressed)' block to the top of the script.
11) Green mans go, when the Scratch light is green, click Zubi Flyer’s triangle button to run!
Code Zubi Flyer
Fuze Install Kit
Zubi Flyer Pin Assignments
In The Box
- Zubi Flyer Frisbee
- Illuminator Printed Circuit Board
- Magnet Wand
- Instructable Booklet
- Happy Face Micro-USB
- Diffraction Glasses (2 Pairs)
- Accessory Box
12 Fun Games
Newbie Zubie, Catch the Light, Hot Potato, Copy Cat, Hand Harmonica, Telephone, Pong, RGB Light Hack, RGB Single Light Hack, Shortcut Hack, Mood Light, Name that Tune
Connect Zubi to a computer to learn coding
Physically assemble the flyer
Educational Instructable - Learn how Zubi works, or explore fun facts about electrical current flow and different forms of energy
Creatively Explore Light
See light differently with our fun light diffraction glasses, and play with over 16 million hues of color
Digitally Explore Sound
Control 7 octaves of sound with the buzzer
Reed & Button Switches, 7 Octave Piezo Buzzer, Circuits & Circuit Board, Microcontroller, Push Buttons, RGB LEDs, Electrical Current Flow, Forms of Energy
Arduino - Open Source
Our programs are FREE for anyone to use with access to FREE code repositories where you can explore the endless possibilities of coding your Zubi Flyer
Online Learning Portal
Our FUZE website will have a FREE learning portal that will have a minimum of three courses that will walk you through the process of changing code on your flyer
- PC Board
- IC MCU 8BIT 32KB FLASH 44QFN (ATMEGA32U4)
- AUDIO PIEZO TRANSDUCER 30V TH
- 5050 APA102C THREE-COLOR LED SMD
- PHOTOCELL 27-60KOHM
- SWITCH REED SPST-NO 500MA 140V
- TACTILE SWITCH SPST-NO 0.02A 15V
- SWITCH PUSHBUTTON SPST 2A 14V
The Zubi Flyer is the bomb dot com for makers: 5 PWM pins, 12 DIOs as well as hardware serial connections Rx and Tx. Running at 16MHz and 5V. The onboard switch-mode boost regulator is designed to operate on 3 Volts. Power can be supplied from a 3 Volt CR123A battery or from a USB cable that provides regulated +5 Volts DC to the board. Do not run any power exceeding 5 Volts as the regulator cannot handle step-down voltage.
- ATmega32U4 running at 5V/16MHz
- Supported under Arduino IDE v1.0.1
- On-Board micro-USB connector for programming
- Rx and Tx Hardware Serial Connections
Zubi Flyer .ZIP Library
Zubi Flyer Drivers (Windows only)
Mac + Windows
See PIN Assignments HERE
learn how stuff works!